I am looking to find a teaching position as a teacher and coach at an International School.
Degrees and Certifications
M.Sc. Interdisciplinary Studies: Education
- State University of New York (current)
COETAIL – (Certificate of Educational Technology and Information Literacy)
- Online Cohort 2 (2015)
M.Ed Curriculum Studies: Art Education
- Western University (2012)
SMART Education Technologies
- SMART board trainer for Education (2008)
Senior Division Visual Arts Additional Qualification
B.Ed Junior / Intermediate Division: Art
Ontario Teaching Certificate (2006)
Primary Education Additional Qualification
B.A.H Visual Arts
American Community School in Abu Dhabi (2012 – present)
Middle School Art Teacher (2012 – present)
- Use Atlas Rubicon and UbD to plan and implement curriculum for classes such as: Digital Photography, Mixed Media, and core middle school art courses aligning with National Core Art Standards.
- Embed technology with use of Google Apps for Education, Blogger, padlet, Google Art Project, 1:1 laptop program, Veracross, and use of class ipad.
- Worked with students in a variety of traditional art media.
- Led PLT team implementing PQP framework for peer reflection and feedback.
Middle School Design and Tech Teacher (2013 – present)
- Collaboratively plan curriculum focused on HTML Code, F1 in Schools Program, Design Thinking, basic woodworking, Concrete forms, simple circuits, and Ardruino.
Middle School P.E. Teacher (2013 – 14)
- Coached students in a variety of fun games and traditional sports with an emphasis on fun, sportsmanship, healthy lifestyle, and connection with other athletes.
Manarat Al Saadiyat Art Gallery Abu Dhabi (2013 – current)
Workshop Leader and Educational Consultant
- Developed and delivered workshops linking museum exhibitions around a diverse collection of art and artifacts from Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, British Museum, Louvre Abu Dhabi
American International School in Abu Dhabi (2009 – 2012)
Middle School Coordinator (2010 – 2012)
- Developed and delivered experiential learning curriculum for students across the Middle School.
- Developed and led Middle School Advisory Program curriculum for teachers.
- Organized and led weeklong Outdoor Academy program for Middle School students and staff.
- Responsible for co-ordinating teachers offering of after school activities.
Middle and High School Art (2010 – 2012)
- Collaboratively developed curriculum and UbD plans using Atlas Rubicon
- Connected programming with local art gallery and community venues
Grade 6 English and Social Studies Teacher (2009 – 2010)
- Implemented the work of Robert Marzano’s Academic Vocabulary
- Collaboratively planned comprehensive units
- Taught both boys and girls in segregated learning environments.
St. Patrick’s School, Guelph, Canada (2007 – 2008)
Grade 5/6 Classroom Teacher
- Provided experiential learning opportunities for students including designing and constructing an outdoor learning garden.
- Facilitated “Greeks and Romans” day, where students showcased their research projects through costume and presentations.
- Following the lead of my students, connected our school with local Fair Trade companies for fundraising opportunities.
- Provided a caring environment for student learning in a split level classroom.
St. John’s School, Guelph, Canada (2006 – 2007)
Grade 6 Classroom Teacher
- Coordinated experiential learning opportunities for students including running a school newspaper, creating murals to decorate the schools, and participating in reading buddies program.
- Worked collaboratively to develop and deliver individualized student education plans.
Coaching and Extracurricular
JV Girls Soccer Coach (2013 – 2015)
Trip Chaperone : Turkey (2012, 13) Greece (2014)
JV / VAR Boys and Girls Badminton Coach (2012 – 2014)
U 14 Girls Soccer Coach (2012)
Mural Club (2012, 2015)
Manga Club (2010)
U-14 Boys Basketball Coach (2009)